Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Whats in a Name??

Ok, this post was inspired by rubyellen. I was reading a bit of her blog and I was intrigued by her children's names.

I had a former post about names that i went back and read. You can click here to read it.
My children are Gabriel Evertt Chi and Zoe Christabelle.
Gabriel's full name means God's Strong Anointed Man.
Zoe's full name means Beautiful Anointed Life.
We choose their names because of their meaning. I believe that God did the same thing when he renamed Abram to Abraham, Jacob to Isreal. And many others that he chose to give new names. God's word is very clear to say that the words we speak can either come as life or death. We should never speak negative things. Always speak life. I catch myself saying "I think my children are getting sick". Right there i'm am agreeing with the enemy and not with God. God says he took stripes on his back for our sickness and if i disagree with God, then my children probally will end up sick. But anyway, back to names.

I love the thought of having the different forms of christ in my children's names because Christ means annointed. I used Chi for Gabe and Christabelle for Zoe. I'm still searching for more names to use for my upcoming children's middle or first names. Not that i'm pregnant or plan to be in the next 2 to 3 years, but thats just something i'm always searching for. I think I like Christianna. Not quite sure yet. I'm still stuck on using Chi for my next boy because I cant find anything that i trully love.

Also, I really like two name first names. Such as, Ella Grace or Lilla Kate for girls. I dont have many suggestions for 2NFN for boys. I do know a boy that is called Robert Allen.

So thats what kind of suggestions i'm looking for from anyone. Chi names and 2NFN. Thanks.

2 comments:

Charin Adams said...

Great post!!
I definitely need to work on not saying things like "I'm sick"...I've been saying that one a lot lately!
P.S. Really love Ella Grace, a friend's daughters name is Ella and we thought about Grace for a middle name :)

Charin Adams said...

Great post!!
I definitely need to work on not saying things like "I'm sick"...I've been saying that one a lot lately!
P.S. Really love Ella Grace, a friend's daughters name is Ella and we thought about Grace for a middle name :)